Spring is officially here! You know what that means – Time for spring cleaning! Here’s a list to start you on the right track. So blast the music, throw open the windows and get to work!
- Wash windows – Pro tip: Do it on a cloudy day to avoid streaks
- Vacuum/sweep/mop floors
- Deep clean carpets
- Clean beneath furniture and appliances
- Wash slipcovers and clean upholstery
- Vacuum window treatments
- Wash walls and baseboards
- Clean ceiling fans – Pro tip: Use a pillowcase to prevent dust from flying everywhere
- Dust light fixtures and light bulbs – Pro tip: Make sure the light bulbs are cool to the touch first
- Go through paper files and shred or toss what you no longer need
- Go through your clothing and donate, sell or toss things you no longer wear or fit into
- Wash bed linens, pillows, duvets, comforters, etc.
- Deep clean the bathroom sink, shower/tub and toilet
- Clean out your fridge and freezer – Toss out anything expired and wipe down all surfaces
- Shake out or wash floor mats and small area rugs
- Dust furniture
Of course, this isn’t a complete list, but this will get you started. Let us know what else you’d add to the list in the comments!