Happy first day of fall! What better way to welcome the season than with cooler temperatures, hot apple cider by the fire and, of course, fall-themed décor. With these decorating tips, your home will be autumn ready:
- Bring the outdoors to your front door: Decorate your front door with a fall wreath made with fall foliage you’ve picked yourself or purchased at a craft store, adorn the steps with pumpkins and gourds, or put together a flower arrangement.
- Rustic charm with firewood: Firewood isn’t meant for only making your home warm. You can also use it as stand to hold other decorations in place or as a serving platter—get creative! Make sure you clear off small twigs and branches, and brush off and bugs or spiders before bringing the wood inside.
- Fresh flowers: Sunflowers, mums, chrysanthemums, and many more fall flowers are ready and waiting to be arranged into something beautiful. Use a vase or make your own to add a little floral charm to your fall-themed home.
- Fall hues: No need to repaint your furniture, but if you can bring in some accessories colors such as a deep red, a bright orange or a golden yellow to get your home in the spirit of fall.
- Candles: Fill up hurricanes or lanterns with fall-themed décor such as acorns, coffee beans or candy corn. Make sure the candle doesn’t burn below the filler.
- Make over your mantel: Get creative with your mantel. String fall foliage across your mantel. You can also decorate it with miniature pumpkins or a vase filled with decorative branches.
Do you have other tips for decorating your home for the fall? Share with us in the comment section below!