After a long day, there’s nothing more relaxing than coming to your humble abode and being in your own space. While not everyone has a large budget to spend, you can still create the bedroom of your dreams with these tips:
- Accent wall: If you’re looking to add some color to your space, painting an accent wall will give your bedroom the life it needs to make your room feel homier.
- DIY: You can create a headboard for your bed, refurbish old door knobs or drawer handles, or even paint over your dresser to give your bedroom the look you’ve always wanted.
- Plants: Adding some greenery to your space will make it feel more Zen and calming when walking into your room, especially if it’s been a busy day and you’re looking to relax for a few moments.
- Clear the Clutter: Add shelving units or storage under the bed to get rid of some of the clutter. Your bedroom will feel like the big space you want.
- Canopy: If you have some extra fabric from your last DIY project, you can make a canopy to make your space look more luxurious. Even if you don’t have fabric around, you can easily find an inexpensive roll.
- Lighting: Lighting can give your room a chic, simple feel. Lamps, candles and even white Christmas lights can give you that effect.
- Throw Pillows: Find some inexpensive throw pillows to accent your bed and to give it the comfy, cloud-like feel you want when you put your head down at night.
Do you have other tips on how to design a bedroom on a budget? Share them with us in the comment section below!