Vinyl flooring is a great choice for your home – it’s affordable, durable, and available in a multitude of patterns and colors. To keep your floors in great shape, follow these tips:
- Sweep or vacuum your floors at least once a week to remove debris and dirt. If you’re using a vacuum, don’t use the beater bar attachment because it can damage the floors.
- Clean up spills immediately with a clean white cloth, as vinyl flooring can be vulnerable to moisture.
- Detergent, mop and shine, and soap products should be avoided because they can leave a dull film on the floor. Instead, use the manufacturer’s recommended solution to mop.
- Prevent scuffs on the floor by using floor pads, felt protectors or casters on furniture, but avoid rubber-backed floor mats because they can damage the floors.
- Put down a plywood panel before moving any heavy furniture or appliances across vinyl flooring.
- Minimize dirt, stains and abrasions before they occur by using mats and taking shoes off at entry ways.
- Close window coverings where extreme sunlight hits the floors. The heat from extreme sunlight can cause discoloring and fading on the floors.
Have any questions? Let us know in the comments!
It doesn’t matter if you’re hosting your first Thanksgiving or your twentieth, planning a large meal for a group of people can be stressful. Relax – We’re here to help!
- Delegate – You don’t need to do everything yourself! Ask guests to bring some of the side dishes and desserts, and have the kids pitch in with table setting and clean up. Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
- Plan ahead – Make a detailed meal plan and grocery list to shop from to avoid last minute runs to the store. Buy any non-perishable items ahead of time to save you time and hassle at the grocery store.
- Clear out space – Make sure you have enough room in your refrigerator, freezer and on the counters for meal prep, cooking, food storage and turkey defrosting.
- Try out recipes – If you have extra time before Thanksgiving Day, try out some of the side dish or dessert recipes ahead of time. This can be especially helpful if you’re unsure of a new recipes or are veering away from more “traditional” food.
- Prep ahead of time – There are some things that you can (and should!) do ahead of time, including making or assembling anything that can either be frozen until cooking time or reheated.
- Prepare for guests – Clear out the entryway or mudroom to make room for guests’ coats, umbrellas and shoes. Providing a clear space for guests to leave their things, and a chair or bench to help with removing shoes makes your guests feel at home.
- Give yourself time – Turkeys are a lot of work, so be sure to give yourself plenty of extra time for defrosting and cooking your bird!
- Take the pressure off – It can be hard to cook and entertain at the same time, so take the pressure off yourself. Set up small snacks like cheese and crackers to give guests something to nibble on and stock the bar area with all the essentials so guests can help themselves while you’re busy.
Most importantly though, relax and enjoy the holiday with your friends and family!
Are you a driven and motivated individual looking to take your career to the next level? Rusmur Floors Carpet One is offering a dynamic and skilled individual an opportunity to achieve professional success by joining our team as an Inside Sales Associate. The Inside Sales Associate is primarily focused on servicing and maintaining relationships with residential customers and new construction customers and clients. If you meet our background requirements and are looking to grow your career with a great company that rewards success, this Inside Sales Associate position is the ideal opportunity for you!
As an Inside Sales Associate, you are responsible for assisting Rusmur Floors’ customers and clients; assisting customers in making the proper flooring choice and scheduling appointments for estimates; and maintaining updated price lists, and a well-organized and clean showroom.
Working in a well-maintained showroom environment, the Inside Sales Associate will be expected to generate leads from the customers and clients they assist; maintain relationships with current and previous customers; and provide excellent support and insight when requested.
Other responsibilities for the Inside Sales Associate will include:
- Maintaining a level of professional knowledge about flooring products in order to better sell to and service our customers and clients
- Taking flooring orders and confirming material arrival and delivery with customers and clients.
- Assisting in showroom promotions and events
Our most successful Sales Associates have come from a wide variety of backgrounds, but all have approached this position aggressively and have been willing to put in hard-work to build their customer base. We look for Sales Associates with strong communication skills, an upbeat attitude and the ability to multi-task proficiently.
To apply, please email Denny DePretis at Denny@rsfloor.wpengine.com