Vinyl flooring has come a long way in the past few decades – Nowadays, it is of much higher quality. Vinyl is the perfect choice on a budget as it comes in all colors, styles and patterns – it is even able to mimic the look of hardwood, ceramic or other more expensive material. Vinyl is a popular surface for most rooms in the house, especially in kitchen and bathrooms, because of its durability, relative ease to clean and maintain, and moisture resistance (Vinyl is usually moisture resistant, but check the moisture rating for the specific type of flooring before purchasing).
The durability of vinyl is one of its most attractive features– it can resist stains, spills, scuffs and more, depending on which wear surface you choose. There are three types of wear surfaces to choose from:
- No-wax – offers some resistance to stains, but is not as durable or low maintenance as the other types of vinyl flooring
- Urethane – durable and low maintenance
- Enhanced urethane – the most durable and stain resistant, it can resist scuffs, stains, heel marks, dirt and household chemicals
Let us help you pick out the perfect vinyl flooring for your project today and visit one of our locations today!
Cleaning your home can sometimes feel like an endless chore, but these quick and easy tips can help take the headache out of cleaning:
- Clean as you go – Cleaning as you go makes it harder for mess to accumulate. Some ways to do this:
- Wipe up the bathroom when you’re done getting ready in the morning
- Do the dishes after each meal
- Clean up spills or drips from cooking immediately
Cleaning will take less time and be less overwhelming if you do a bit each day.
- Set a timer – Most people overestimate how long a task will take them, so set a timer for 5-10 minutes and see how much you can get done in that time.
- Recruit help – Friends, children or other family members can chip in with the cleaning efforts. Try to make a game out of cleaning to get kids excited to help!
- Make the bed – A made bed sets the stage for an organized bedroom. Once the bed is made, the room feels cleaner and you will be more likely put the effort in to keep it that way.
- Supplies – Have all your supplies stocked and easy to access. Consider a portable carrier to move from room to room with ease, and keep the basics for the kitchen and bathroom right under their sinks.
- Everything should have a place – All of your items should have a place, and if it’s out of place at the end of the day, put it back. This strategy can also help you eliminate unnecessary clutter.
- Make it fun– Most people dread cleaning, but try and make it more enjoyable with loud music you can sing to or dance to, or anything else that makes it seem less like a chore.
How do you keep your home clean? Let us know in the comments!
Spending time outdoors is one of the best parts of summer, and having the perfectly designed outdoor space will help you get the most out of the too short season. Follow these tips to help you get started:
- Function – What are you going to use the space for? Dining, hosting parties or relaxing? It can be multi-functional, if that works best for you.
- Size/Layout – Be realistic about what you can fit in your space and what you’ll need for functionality – tables, a grill or couches? Remember, the perfect outdoor space doesn’t have to be large.
- Furniture – Based on what you decided you’ll being using the space for, pick out the appropriate furniture. If you’re on a limited budget, thrift store finds can be spruced up with some paint or new cushions.
- Accessorize – Keep necessary outdoor accessories nearby so you don’t have to always trek back into the house– citronella candles, sunscreen, bug repellant, plastic ware, napkins, a drink cart or a bucket of ice are some possible options.
- Lighting – BBQs and parties tend to go on into the evenings, so lighting is a must! Depending on your style, consider torches, string lights, lanterns or candles. You may want to choose to use a couple different sources of lighting if your space gets particularly dark or the lighting options you like aren’t very bright.
- Shade – You’ll want something to offer you some shade and a break from the sun on extremely hot days. Umbrellas and awnings are good options if you don’t have natural shade in your space.
There are many other ways to personalize your outdoor space and make it fit perfectly for your life – fire pits, water features and more. What does your dream outdoor space look like? Let us know in the comments!